Predicting Silicon Valley's Future

On a Wednesday evening, in haste -- for the end of shift was near -- I doodled this thumbnail after a brief brainstorming session with the art director and page designer. I submitted it to the editors for approval and went home.

I stole the hand from the illustration in my previous
post and scribbled the rest in about 10 minutes. 

The next day, in the early afternoon, the idea was approved. At 12:58 p.m., this sketch was all I had. By 6:45 I was done:

Open in a new window to see a MUCH larger image!

Whooosh! That was pretty quick. I spent another 40 minutes tweaking it for two online presentations, changing it from a vertical to a horizontal design, which necessitated a little more drawing, but I'm not counting that!

Here is what it looked like in the paper after Daymond Gascon put the page together. He made it look nice, didn't he?



And here is the link to Mike Cassidy's excellent story.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment