Strange Fan Art

I found a very old sketch of the figure on the right, but he wasn't the Hulk yet, just a figure running. I started inking his torso and thought the body looked like a Herb Trimpe Hulk torso. I obliterated the previous noggin, sketched up a screaming Hulk head, found some pants for him, and finished the drawing.

Initially – and with a feeling of great horror – it looked as though Herb Trimpe had been inked by Robert Crumb; not what I had intended at all... but you know what? I would buy that issue in a freakin' heartbeat. I started liking it.

Drawn and colored in Clip Studio Paint, altho I'd rather just call it Manga Studio.







Clearly the Hulk was yelling at somebody, but who? I started sketching a figure, and I thought she would turn into She-Hulk, but I've never been keen on that character, except maybe for Byrne's first run. I decided a somewhat retro Wonder Woman would do, but I pushed her slightly in the direction of a Crumb drawing to keep her in tune with her opponent.

It's a slightly goofy piece of work, I'll admit, but it was fun to play with. I guess I should have put the golden lasso in there somewhere. I could have worked that in pretty easily, now that I'm looking at it.

At this point, for a second, I considered withholding this post until I looped it in there, but it's nearing bedtime and I won't have time to get to it tomorrow. Who knows how long it'll take to get back to it. 

I'm just calling it done! 

The End.