A Beginner's Guide to Old Time Radio

I was recently able to do an illustration for a topic near and dear; old time radio! You can read the fab story by Pat May at this link! Here's what I did:

Drawn in Clip Studio Paint and Photoshop

I've been listening to radio theater most of my life; I've listened to so much of it that I've probably spent more time listening to radio shows than watching TV. The internet is a great resource for this nearly dead art form.

There are some good contemporary radio theater practioners, and I'll list a few when I get a chance (if I get any response to this entry) but this is a rushed post today.

I didn't realize the story was so heavily connected to the commuter until fairly late – totally bad oversight on my part. I began a quick fix, putting the shadow in a convertible, but I wasn't able to get it to a point where it looked decent, and other chores kept me from giving it the necessary attention. Too busy that week, darn it!

Here's how it looked in the paper:


The End
SaveSave