Here, I intentionally tried to design a character that I thought would fit right into a Jean "Moebius" Giraud sci-fi comic. I've just gotten ahold of "The Incal" by Jodorowsky and Moebius, published by Marvel/Epic in the 80s, and I'm seeing everything through Giraud-colored glasses. Beautiful stuff!
...My first drawings of this fellow had a livelier, more colorful outfit, but I thought his striped pants, checkerboard vest and ruffled cuffs were indications I was going too far. Now, I think differently. I might fix him later.

I had a name and a story for this chap, but as I was finishing up the coloring on him it occurred to me to make his three eyes red, yellow, blue. Ooh. That changes things. Now he projects images in... subtractive color? That SHOULD be red, blue and green for additive color, right? Color theory was so long ago. Whatever; it just means that my previous notions about this fellow are whacked.

THE END
.

No comments:

Post a Comment