Heads!

I have this box of crumpled folders and paper next to my desk at work and I've been contributing to this "archive" for a few years. Thumbnails for work projects, notes, phone numbers, bad sketches, good sketches and a lot more bad sketches.

I've gone through it and I can use some of it as a blog crutch-- drawings to scan and color and post for those times when I haven't the time/energy for making new stuff. Like today. Yeah, I can probably take the rest of the year off.

So, these heads are quick pencil and ink things I did at work. Idle moments, talking on the phone, waiting for stuff to print-- I've been pretty good about doing something for myself when I have down-time, and a big part of that is just keeping a pencil and piece of paper within reach. Colored in photoshop!

2 comments:

  1. These are really nice. Lotsa personality.

    Are you familiar with the comic series Nevermen by Guy Davis ( http://guydavisartworks.com/ ) ? If not , I think you'd really dig his work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh. Guy Davis! I have one of the "Zombie" episodes in a Heavy Metal comic from a couple years back and I thought it was terrific. Thanks for tipping me off to the website; outstanding work! I'll look into this "Nevermen" thing, too.

    ReplyDelete