Couple of Quick Studies

A long time ago I bought that Dover book of Dore's illustrations for Don Quixote-- great book. I've given a rest for a couple of years but I picked it up again this week and went through it, page by page, not skipping a thing. And then I made a cup of tea and went through it again.

One morning, just before work, I did these figure studies from a couple of Dore's drawings. Pitt brush pen on paper, vandalized in photoshop to make them look fancier than they really are.

The End.

4 comments:

  1. those are cool. I like Dore too, I've got an unhealthy crosshatching fetish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jeff, you really have some great drawing chops! Your work always inspires!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice drawings. I think they would look fancy even without PS stuff, but I like what you did with them in PS. Look nice and old :). I apologize for not posting more. I started school again so things are pretty crazy. I haven't even poste anything new on my blog...so bad :P

    ReplyDelete