An Oldie But A G... Well, An Oldie!

I've had a couple of extremely busy work-weeks and I've managed to do absolutely zero artwork at home. I'm hoping to solve the time & energy equation soon.

In the interest of making this blog seem like it's the project of a living, happy, vital artist, I'll yet again post some old, zombie artwork to fool you.

This one ran back in 2006, and I don't remember much about it, but I'll bet I was aiming for this to look like it was done by Thomas Hart Benton and/or Gary Kelley. Ended up looking like one of mine, though.

I have a memory of changing the colors in the beakers from purple to red to green, and creating the bubbles in there. That was fun. The story was about Cal and Stanford and their commitment to keeping the "student" in "student athlete."

The guy on the left seems like a chubby little fellow, doesn't he? I'm resisting the urge to redraw him right now. No time! Off to work!

*       *       *       *       *
Here is the how the drawing was used in the paper -- I had nothing to do with the layout, I'm sure. That's all Page Designer, but I don't remember who that was. I think there were a couple of different layouts for this package in other editions, but this is the only one I've got a digital copy of. It looks pretty good! Except for the Cal guy's peculiar shape. I've got to let go of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment