Steampunk Legend!

I've jumped into the "Steampunk Myths and Legends" project at the CGTalk forums. I'm doing a painting based on "Sir Owain and the Black Knight." That's a story I read long ago, and I thought that the idea of a Steampunk Black Knight would be fun to play with. (My thread here.)

I did a quick search for the story on the web and I found a few links that almost support the story as I remember it. Truth to tell, all that I remember is Sir Owain defeated the Black Knight and got lost in the Black Knight's castle searching for The Chalice. Well, that's not quite the way story seems to go (although there are probably several versions, as there often are when it comes to the old legends) but the part I'm focusing on-- Sir Owain confronting the Black Knight-- seems not to be affected by my errant recollections.
...The Chalice doesn't seem to be mentioned anywhere! Oh, well.

...These are my first roughs, and I'm still searching for a good direction. There is another rough I'm working on but it's not quite ready. I have a new take on the Black Knight character which I'm liking and more ideas are flowing from that. Update soon


The End

3 comments:

  1. WHAT? STEAM-PUNK? Our worlds collide... Hey Jeff - Look in my Blog. December 13th is the opening night for an art show I'm doing. If you have absolutely nothing better to do... It would be great if you could stop by! There will be beer. FOR YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THanks, A! I'll keep trying...

    JEff!

    ReplyDelete