New Years Illustration Part 3 of 3

Here is the final, as seen in your Bay Area News Group newspaper on the 28th of December (2009.) I pulled a switch on the chair dancing character, turning him into a her. I don't know why-- maybe I was gender-matching the writer, Jessica Yadegaran. I didn't do that as a conscious decision, but I have done that in the past.

Here is Jessica's excellent story. (Link has expired)

After "inking" the rough in Illustrator, I took it back into Photoshop and colored it. The inverted cat I sketched in at the last moment, just because the spot looked bare. Both cats were inspired by my two feline pals, Mr. Riggs (23 lbs., fond of resting on the ottoman) and Quincy (20 lbs., often found in the lower-most pose.) 

Looks like my post-count dipped a bit this year. That's disappointing but understandable. I've taken on a second job, and the time available for creating artwork for myself has been crushed. I do hope to fix that in the months ahead.

*     *     *     *

So long 2009, you malodorous wretch. Hello 2010, take off your shoes and make yourself comfortable. Here's a cup of coffee and a donut. There, isn't that nice? Let's just relax for a year. I'll put some Jelly Roll Morton on the Victrola/iPod and you can kick back in that soft chair and read some comics. There. This is how it should be. No sudden movements, please don't touch anything, and we'll get along just fine.

The End
*

1 comment:

  1. I am right there with you on the welcoming of 2010.

    Of course I selected Diet Pepsi and Pizza as a welcoming bribe but none the less 2009 is the first year I have to, happily, say goodbye to. Surviving really was enough.

    ReplyDelete