Self-Diagnosis!

Here is a wonky illustration done for a story about getting yourself all bent out of shape by going online and trying to figure out what is wrong with you. Certainly you will imagine the worst, whether 'tis true or t'ain't.

It looks like a quick illustration, and it was, but not as quick as you might think. It took a few hours, I'm ashamed to say.

I tried several approaches, but this was my first idea and a direct descendant of my very first thumbnail. As I pressed forward, I looked backward and decided it wasn't going to get much better than this.

Deadline was looming, I was busy with other work and time was really tight, so I finished it up as quick as I could. . .  and then the story was held for a fortnight or so. That's the way it goes!

Had much fun, tho.

2 comments:

  1. Oh don't you know...you rush to submit only to be held...I wonder how your job assignments come and how much time you are given.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mostly, I get plenty of warning -- a week or two or more. However, because of daily/weekly chores, it's not always easy to find the time to do it before the looming deadline allows you to turn down other work in order to get the job done.

    I'm working on one now that I've been able to find quality time for; I still have a week before it's due and I'm well on the way. It's very nice to be slightly ahead for achange.

    Scroll down the page to the July 7th entry (SOcial Security Illustration) and that one was done in about 5 or six hours and finished with minutes to spare!

    ReplyDelete