I-Sci-Fi #4

I started this faux cover on Sunday the 2nd with the self-imposed deadline of Friday the 7th, which I didn't think I'd be able to meet. I did okay! What you see here is what I was able to do.
...I worked about 3 hours on Sunday and squeezed in an hour or two Monday through Thursday. On Friday I played with the type and tweaked the painting ever so slightly to make it easier to read the text.

I have a slight notion of "finishing" this piece, but my deadline is to be respected. I'm role-playing a little bit-- pretending that this is a real project and that I've only so much time. I might jump back into it and make it better if I just can't stands it no more.

Geez, I didn't finish the rocket interior and the hammer is asking for a touch more work. What a hack!

As I worked, a story for this painting developed and I had the idea of writing it up and presenting it alongside this painting-- like my previous I-Sci-Fi post-- but it took a long time to write that story and I felt it was necessary to make more artwork to prop it all up. It was fun, but creatively I was trapped in a hole with that little project for a month and a half trying to get both words and pictures to a place where I wasn't completely embarrassed by the presentation.

And, of course, it appears that nobody who got around to reading it was motivated to comment on it. I guess that'll encourage me to stick to pictures for the time being!

The End