A Tale of Two Oscars

I painted these guys a couple of weeks ago. They were done as an illustration for the newspapers I work for; I didn't read the stories but, as it was explained to me, they went with a normal story about the Academy Awards and a lighter, jokey one put together by the staff.
...The sillier story was called the BANG awards-- referencing the acronym for our cluster of newspapers, Bay Area News Group. (Yeah, no one who works here is really happy about that...)
...So, I found a statue image, did a quick trace and painted that to get the figure on the left. I duplicated my first effort and painted on top of it, putting on new arms and a face. I probably got too detailed with the face (he looks more scary than scared) but it was a fun exercise.
...All in photoshop, of course.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment