In Progress and Done (?)

I really like to see the "step-by-step" and "behind-the-scenes" stuff from other artists. The finished product always stands alone but I believe that it's in the roughs and sketches that you can see the THINKING that goes on-- that is to say, the real work. After the capture of the concept, design and composition it's a (simple?) matter of application of technique.

So this is probably a bad example, in that the concept was given to me and it didn't vary from rough to finish, but I think you know what I'm talking about. You can see me trying to figure out what to do with the cat, but that's about it.


This is an illustration done for the business section of the paper. The story is about after hours trading and its growing popularity with individual traders. The concept I was given was "someone in their house with a night time setting outside...and some guy on a computer frantically typing thinking should I buy or should I sell."

And this is how I see it appearing in print. The headline is a dummy, just to give me something to work with.

Too many stars, eh? I'll fix that.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment